SB Images

Have any complaints? Or do you just want to suggest something, post it in here then!

Resize images to a max of 100x100px in SB?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 am

Yes, this would be helpful and beneficial to the clan community.
50%
No, this would be harmful and not beneficial to the clan community.
50%

Total votes: 2

Faybro
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: Tjk
Custom Title: Jack of all trades

Re: SB Images

Post by Faybro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 am

No, I stopped posting images. Fm claimed an image I posted as a link was posted as an image, and then I posted another link and asked him if he saw it as a link or an image but he did not respond on the matter.

And, if my logic is flawed, are you saying "demanding they view the image straight away by thrusting it upon them," isn't?

Why does it matter if it's optional on the SB but not on the forums? Exactly - stretching. That's why I'm proposing this 100x100px maximum resize. We got off topic on the first post.

It would work just like the avatars work, resizing an image down to a maximum of 100x100px while still retaining ratio - like your avatar, Maged. Your avatar is 320x240, but is not seen as such since it is automatically resized.

Maged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Jethraw
Custom Title: NoLifeScape

Post by Maged » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:45 am

I can infact tell you it was not a claim, because it was me who deleted the image. -1.

And, no, I don't see it as flawed as with the junk that you tend to put in the shoutbox, it is more or less thrust upon them as a direct image when you post it as an image.

And I'm more or less sure the first post(asides from Tuck's question), was a "no" with the solution.

Faybro
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: Tjk
Custom Title: Jack of all trades

Post by Faybro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 am

First post:
wats an SB image?

Second post:
Fm telling me not to post pictures since they stretch the SB.

Original Post (mine):
Solution to Fm's problem.

Fm was on topic, but he just reinstated the problem and suggested we just live with it, when it could (probably) be fixed with a code very similar to the one that automatically resizes images in posts.

As for the rule, I never saw that before today. That was a mistake on my part, and I am sorry. I just assumed that all the rules would be in the "rules" section and whatever else was linked to me on my application post.

Maged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Jethraw
Custom Title: NoLifeScape

Post by Maged » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 am

So FM's first post was still the only real solution seeing as 100x100 image still takes up the majority of the shoutbox, leaving about half of the post below it on show, so it's still stretching the shoutbox to an extent.
We have screenshots and random posts for a reason.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: .

Post by Fmichael » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 am

fay. The problem does not need to be solved if everyone else can abide by it and get along very well.
This rule or guideline has been in place for over 2 years now, as you are the first to complain about it... I don't think it's that important.

End of discussion.

ps. : i did answer you:
link.... fay.... plz...