Youtube Suggestion

Have any complaints? Or do you just want to suggest something, post it in here then!
Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: .

Re: Youtube Suggestion

Post by Fmichael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 am

If this had been done when recording wars first began I would have nothing against it, but right now I do not see the point.

There are 3 ways to host 1: Allow anyone in clan access to account; this is ripe with security problems, to put it lightly.
2: Only allow staff/leaders. This would make it much harder for any regular members to post any videos since it would require either a "dropbox" type of account for everyone (which has max's) or the leader/staff re-download a vid once posted on a private channel and reupload, something I know I personally do not have time for.
3: An account that is used solely for favoriting and making playlists of the vids of tpl, regardless of ownership.

#3 would be my favorite since as it stands now, there are too many videos already released on mainly mathe's account that would have to be transferred. I do not see how a "TPL" account would garner more views as well, since most of the views are directed through mathe's account for wars they are all going to her anyways. Youtube videos about RS clans are numerous and you're not going to get many views regardless.
my 2 cents.

FreedomV
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: FreedomV
Custom Title: Sir

Post by FreedomV » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel: :mage: :mage: :mage: :mage: :mage:

Maybe we could change mathe's utube acc to a collab channel of tpl where it can be accessed from all clan members.... although thats if mathe aggrees and everyone else...

P.S Im a Wizard :mage: :mage:

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members

Post by Fmichael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:53 pm

1: Allow anyone in clan access to account; this is ripe with security problems, to put it lightly.

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Post by olegis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Fmichael wrote:If this had been done when recording wars first began I would have nothing against it, but right now I do not see the point.

There are 3 ways to host 1: Allow anyone in clan access to account; this is ripe with security problems, to put it lightly.
2: Only allow staff/leaders. This would make it much harder for any regular members to post any videos since it would require either a "dropbox" type of account for everyone (which has max's) or the leader/staff re-download a vid once posted on a private channel and reupload, something I know I personally do not have time for.
3: An account that is used solely for favoriting and making playlists of the vids of tpl, regardless of ownership.

#3 would be my favorite since as it stands now, there are too many videos already released on mainly mathe's account that would have to be transferred. I do not see how a "TPL" account would garner more views as well, since most of the views are directed through mathe's account for wars they are all going to her anyways. Youtube videos about RS clans are numerous and you're not going to get many views regardless.
my 2 cents.
yeah third way would be most logical
and once again fm u just wrecked all FreedomV and mine ideas.ur good at it.
Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

Luigi291
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: Book Barrage
Custom Title: The Insane 1

Post by Luigi291 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

*Doesn't see the point of a yt and Facebook account*

Been in diff clans, where none have "official" clan youtube accounts/Facebook accounts. Main reasons:

Just that much more hassle to run + the clan website.
Just add Tags to your vids "Tpl" "The Phoenix Legions" etc etc...
It really doesn't help with "more views/more recruits"

Clan site, fansites (Sal's, Rscommunity, etc etc) and RS Forums, is all you really need.

Mathedes
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Mathedes
Custom Title: Kinda crazy

Post by Mathedes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 pm

FreedomV wrote:Maybe we could change mathe's utube acc to a collab channel of tpl where it can be accessed from all clan members.... although thats if mathe aggrees and everyone else...
:mellow: ...

MY ACCOUNT IS NOT A WHORE! :(

BigdragonRS
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Stick Much
Custom Title: Lord

Post by BigdragonRS » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm

[quote="BigdragonRS"]Look you cant just tag the word tpl in all vids you new to have like other tags related runescape wise but no offence were not getting many views at rachels channel because of 16 subs tuck can give shout outs to the channel and if you want you can make the channel and give to someone who is more youtube active in a way such as tuck if he can run the channel with someone else and then give the channel time we can have over 100subs easy because i consider myself to be a big mouth i go to person to person channel to channel to make check out my channel and i got 188 subs from it i could probably get a subbox on a channel with over 3k subs on it but if you dont want to do the channel thats fine like the leaders themselves dont have to look after the channel....

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 pm

make this topic a poll
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members

Post by Fmichael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 pm

BigdragonRS wrote:
BigdragonRS wrote:Look you cant just tag the word tpl in all vids you new to have like other tags related runescape wise but no offence were not getting many views at rachels channel because of 16 subs tuck can give shout outs to the channel and if you want you can make the channel and give to someone who is more youtube active in a way such as tuck if he can run the channel with someone else and then give the channel time we can have over 100subs easy because i consider myself to be a big mouth i go to person to person channel to channel to make check out my channel and i got 188 subs from it i could probably get a subbox on a channel with over 3k subs on it but if you dont want to do the channel thats fine like the leaders themselves dont have to look after the channel....
The way warring vids work is not that people see them in their sub box as usually the ones subbing are those in the clan so either they were already at the war or knew about it :P

The way warring vids work is any war recap we make is posted to external forums with the youtube video on there. It's up to them to watch the video, it's more of a bonus then an actual use. If you feel the need to increase our subscriber amount why not do it for mathe's account since she is the most active tpl Specific related videos while tuck frequently mentions us.

I would appreciate you replying to my post above stating the positives and negatives before trying to move forward.

BigdragonRS
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Stick Much
Custom Title: Lord

Post by BigdragonRS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 am

Ahhh well shut downed once again well it was worth trying i cant compete with a college student ok dont go with it but is it ok if we do make one at our own free will?