Forum Suggestions

Have any complaints? Or do you just want to suggest something, post it in here then!
ZeroX57
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: EF ZeroX57
Custom Title: Extreme Gamer

Forum Suggestions

Post by ZeroX57 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 am

Hey TPL :grin:

I'm new to this clan and the forums are awesome but I just think something is missing I dont know if the admin can do it or not since this is not b1.jcink or Zetaboards.

1st Suggestion: Medal Award system
We should make a medal award system for the members so they can like uh... show off or sumthin. E.G I just reached 250posts on the forum so I need to claim the medal from the admin. All that the admin need to do is just go to control panel and put the medal on the member that requested it. Dont know if this feature is available on the current forum hosting site.Making the award icon is a pain in the ass so this might be hard.

2nd Suggestion: SOTM (Signature Of The Month)
SOTM is a contest held every month where the members compete with each other in a Digital Graphic duel.Voting ends on the 29th each month and you must submit your work before the 20th.Each month competitors are given the theme which they must make a signature based on the theme.

That's all I have in mind hope the admin can reconsider it and also hope to get some support from the other member :angel:
MY WORKS

Ebola
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Oh God Ebola

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by Ebola » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 am

The medals are a feature which the site does include, but never really got added in. I know staff had been talking about doing more with them a while back, I doubt they are currently looking into it but it would be a cool thing for them to revisit =p

As for signature of the month, I personally wouldn't participate because I'm god-awful with that stuff. But it could work out to be given as an award to the member of the month.
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

Mathedes
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Mathedes
Custom Title: Kinda crazy

Post by Mathedes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 am

1. I know some members actually get medals on their personal pages for something. I don't think it's made a big deal out of though. But maybe we could add to like the Latest News/Updates forum and lump it all together with Member of the Month awards or promotions.

2. I like that idea! It would be very fun. Though Criso will have the enormous advantage (he's our Signature Store proprietor).

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Post by olegis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:15 am

ughhh idk sounds intresting :blush:
Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: .

Post by Fmichael » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 pm

1) Medals are currently added and we have 1 under your user view (go check out someone's page). We never added more because we all suck at graphical shit, if you want to make some, go for it and we'd be happy to add em to list of possibilites :)

2) If you think there is enough of a base of members that are interested, you are more then welcome to start it as a monthly event in the clan event section of the forums

IF you have any questions about either of these you can pm me on rs, forums or reply on here.

CrisoDer
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: CrySev
Custom Title: Graphic Designer

Post by CrisoDer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Support to the motm sig idea!!! :)
"tickle tickle!" - Mathe

Lexxi
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: ARTEMlS
Custom Title: Princess

Post by Lexxi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 pm

I think the medal thing is a great idea :D Making pixel medals shouldn't be too hard.. o.o I'M SURE SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT.

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:44 pm

1. Like it
2. Not sure how many would be interested and what would be the thing you would make a sig on, maybe a topic for each month
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Ebola
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Oh God Ebola

Post by Ebola » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Lexxi wrote:I think the medal thing is a great idea :D Making pixel medals shouldn't be too hard.. o.o I'M SURE SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT.
Anyone can make a little medal thing with paint/photoshop. There's only one person who can actually put it on the site though =p
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

Penguintin
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Penguintin
Custom Title: TPL's #1 miner

Post by Penguintin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Lol @ 250 posts :P

I suggested the 1st one long ago we just dont have people who know how to make the award stuff i dont think. As the the 2nd one I think its a good idea maybe win a reward if you win