IRC

Have any complaints? Or do you just want to suggest something, post it in here then!
Bally
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Ballywho1
Custom Title: Remember The Name

IRC

Post by Bally » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 am

I think I have made a topic about this before but I really think it could help out.
I know we have a channel but I was thinking Ko had a Mibbit IRC channel on their website I'm sure one of our forum creators can do same thing, when it's on site you can set it so it automaticaly goes to our channel.
Some reasons/and benefits why we should get IRC:
Runescript-gives member lists of other clans, helps with skill, gives stats, etc.
Grandexchange-shows prices of items
Easy communications without public chat on :D
For the one of the best reasons we can short prep with other clans through IRC

Discuss

Good Miner0<3 All my KOU friends<3 I rep this clan called The Phoenix Legions, you can look but you can't touch. I <3 TPL!

Fallenangels
Elderly Phoenix
Elderly Phoenix
Runescape Name: Cpt Lavender
Custom Title: RaR

Re: IRC

Post by Fallenangels » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:04 am

Bally wrote: Some reasons/and benefits why we should get IRC:
Runescript-gives member lists of other clans, helps with skill, gives stats, etc.
Grandexchange-shows prices of items
Easy communications without public chat on :D
For the one of the best reasons we can short prep with other clans through IRC

Discuss
Alright ill do this one at a time

Runescript - While runescript is great, this would be a personal choice to use it and poses no real benefit to us as a clan.

Ge - See above.

Communication - You do not need to have public on too see what people type into clan chat.

Short Prep - This provides no advantage over Clan Chat, As almost all of our members are active in the CC. IRC is used by other clans, because they do not have a CC that is used like ours. They only use it when they war.

So in conclusion, While IRC is a great tool to use. I see no reason why it should be added to the site. If people wish you use it they can use mIRC, Swiftkit or any other program that gives access to IRC servers.

Ebola
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Oh God Ebola

Post by Ebola » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 am

I don't see any harm in making it more accessible though =p
I would never agree to making it mandatory to use, but I have no problem with more people using it. No idea how much work it takes to implement this, or how nicely it would flow with the site, so this one's entirely up to Todd =p I dont think it would hurt to have this though.
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

Good_miner0
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Good_miner0
Custom Title: The Boss

Post by Good_miner0 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Its not hard at all to add the the site. I beleive mibbit even supplies the code to add it on there website. You can just add it as a sepperate section of the site. Likeadding it to the links drop down at the top. Its completely seperate and wont disrupt the sites current look.

I suggested this to fm when I joined ;p

Bally
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Ballywho1
Custom Title: Remember The Name

Post by Bally » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 pm

i never said mandatory, and plus its just a good chat addition and helpful like gm said you can add a link and have a mibbit client there easy peesy leamon squesy :D

Good Miner0<3 All my KOU friends<3 I rep this clan called The Phoenix Legions, you can look but you can't touch. I <3 TPL!

todd
Techs
Techs
Runescape Name: readtodd
Custom Title: c0d3r

Post by todd » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:03 am

I got a better one then mibbit I will add its just a matter of when

AaronDivine
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: AaronDivine
Custom Title: Most Prestigious

Post by AaronDivine » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 am

Meh, IRC isn't really needed. I haven't seen a CC that was as fun or as much used as TPL CC. You could better stick to one chat then divide it to two or more. You'll have people grouping more in the IRC, due to lazyness.

Besides, the CC actually makes you want to get online on RS and train. If you can talk to everyone on IRC, people'll not even log in to their accounts and the motivation will drop to even play the game. It'll be just another socializing clan or whatnot.
~A moment's diversion may amuse an audience, but it changes nothing.

Penguintin
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Penguintin
Custom Title: TPL's #1 miner

Post by Penguintin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Irc is just like Clan chat to me :P now real point to have it