Forum Mod?

Have any complaints? Or do you just want to suggest something, post it in here then!
Zerker Flow
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: Zerker Flow
Custom Title: Shake'n'Bake

Forum Mod?

Post by Zerker Flow » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I think a forum moderator would be more appropriate to handle forum-related subjects, whether or not it be cleaning up a topic, locking and archiving topics, pinning topics, and/or informing important forum-related updates (such as a Clan event, forum revision- e.g; Skin change, addition to the forum, etc., Member promotion to Staff, or simply a topic of importance), and flat-out deleting spam.

I understand there is much stress within the staff of a clan, being 'staff' itself, the constant idea that you may be removed from your position, and your responsibilities and whatnot, therefore a forum moderator would make this much more ideal for staff members as they'd be able to focus on the clan itself, while the forum moderator can worry about forum-issues.

This is merely a suggestion, one that I feel is not necessary - but is deemed worthy of your attention,
» ZF

"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'" - Forrest Gump

Cybe
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Cybe

Re: Forum Mod?

Post by Cybe » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Todd, one of the leaders, is pretty much the one who fixes forums if theres anything wrong and keeps improving it (with Fm helping him).
And tbh, its not that hard for me (or any other rank i think) to take care of both the forum and ingame.

Maged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Jethraw
Custom Title: NoLifeScape

Post by Maged » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 pm

It's a nice idea, and I do see where you're coming from; but we have a plentiful staff, who are more than capable of handling it;

The reason we can handle it so efficiently is that the forum mods (for the most of us, can't speak for the leaders/High council), are literally 1-2 clicks, deleting a topic is 3, removing a post is 2.
It's really just something we do as a group in passing on the forums, there's nothing too strenuous about it, (except for FM and Todd's constant upgrades :P )

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

any one who is a high enough rank can just remove or "clean up" watever they need to so its not really needed. but, good idea.
-DAVID
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: .

Post by Fmichael » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

High Council rank is essentially the forum and chat moderators. The rest of the stuff aid but overall, generally it is myself, reub, and the leaders that maintain the forums.

As for Upgrades and etc, todd is our leader techie who takes care of the tech upgrades :)