Thoughts on Oldscape?

This forum is for guests and people who may need help without an account.
Good_miner0
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Good_miner0
Custom Title: The Boss

Re: Thoughts on Oldscape?

Post by Good_miner0 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm

I think the problem was that they had to choose the lesser if two evils. It was either keep just eoc an have mass quits because of all the video makers banding together to get 07scape ad if it didn't come it would not have been good. Or they could give in, re-create 07scape and possibly bring the same activity back to the game as it used to have Even if it solo the community in two. Splitting the community does suck but they currently have twice the users now then what they did 2 weeks ago when it was just eoc.

todd
Techs
Techs
Runescape Name: readtodd
Custom Title: c0d3r

Post by todd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Also you got to remember it is the "new thing", so I am sure some of the people playing rs07 will rejoin the EoC community once they have there fill. That is what happened when they opened up rs classic to everyone. Tons of new people started playing, but now your lucky to see 1 or 2 people when you play.

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm

I have NO problems with 07scape. Sure, it splits the community and all that jazz. But, consider the following points:
-assuming we don't reach 500k votes, the extra $5 (on top of membership) will give Jagex a lot more capital to work with for future updates. This means more resources and better updates in the future. Also, possibly less whoring from the Squeal and Solomon.
-many people who play 07scape had quit. This means that there are MORE people playing the game. Just look at the # of people playing: could you remember the last time it was over 100k before 07scape came out? I can't. Although many came back for nostalgia, they're still back. Further, a lot of them are in a good mood because Jagex gave them what they want, meaning a (mostly) more positive community, even if it is largely restricted to 07scape.
-this update solves the hypertension that was leaking throughout the EoC like a toxin. Now that 07scape is here, everyone's happy. The people that wanted it are enjoying it (as am I, even though I didn't care either way :P ) and those that didn't can still play the EoC. It's a win-win.

Personally, I believe 07scape was warranted. Like the shift from Classic to RS2, the shift from RS2 to the EoC made the game change dramatically, so much so that some people couldn't get over it right away. Now, they have the option not to. Maybe they'll trickle back eventually, like people did from Classic to RS2. Maybe they won't. Either way, I believe Jagex was right to implement this. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

How far will you go for love?

Luigi291
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: Book Barrage
Custom Title: The Insane 1

Post by Luigi291 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 am

What I find funny is that they said 07scape wouldn't affect the releases of main RS, yet not even a week of 07scape being out, the newest quest, and the dual weild fixes haven't been fixed and the reason was cause they were focusing on 07scape tweaks and such lol

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am

Luigi291 wrote:What I find funny is that they said 07scape wouldn't affect the releases of main RS, yet not even a week of 07scape being out, the newest quest, and the dual weild fixes haven't been fixed and the reason was cause they were focusing on 07scape tweaks and such lol
This annoys me, too. Can't have it all, though. Instead of allotting some of their resources to 07scape they allotted ALL of them to prep it at warpspeed.

How far will you go for love?

Jar
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: A Jar
Custom Title: Still playing7/29/15

Post by Jar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Another thing I was thinking earlier today... shouldn't they have let everyone vote? They only let the members vote, which is kinda stupid, because most of the people who want oldscape have already quit and let their members run out, so they couldn't vote. Why not open voting to everyone but then raise the number of votes required to get server maintenance/updates/lower cost of playing/etc.?
"...nudity is not only an option, but a lifestyle." The Art of War By Mathedes.

Luigi291
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: Book Barrage
Custom Title: The Insane 1

Post by Luigi291 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Jar wrote:Another thing I was thinking earlier today... shouldn't they have let everyone vote? They only let the members vote, which is kinda stupid, because most of the people who want oldscape have already quit and let their members run out, so they couldn't vote. Why not open voting to everyone but then raise the number of votes required to get server maintenance/updates/lower cost of playing/etc.?

Sadly, Jagex isn't how it was back in 07, where the gower brothers still owned RS, and Jagex was about the community, Jagex now is all about what's best for them to make the most $. In a business move, it's genius, forced all the people who had quit to go and get membership.
At the 500,000+ level of support, we'll be able to provide the service for free to members. We will also be able to bolster the development team, run weekly maintenance and implement our full anti-botting and anti-gold farming technologies. Not only that, but we'll carry out regular membership polls to decide new content. We are hoping to hit this option at the very least.
I for 1, am scared about this, with my previous comments, about how they put EoC on hold pretty much, and ofcourse, the "membership polls to decide new content" this just opens a whole new area for Jagex to **** 07scape up for people, like with the EoC biased polls a few months back.