The End of TPL (as we know it).

This forum is for the latest news and/or updates.
Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

The End of TPL (as we know it).

Post by Moroku » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, TPL is slowly entering its own grave. Because of this the staff have been discussing what we can do about it for the last couple of months. Unfortunately, none of us managed to contribute any lasting changes that eased the problems. So we have decided for the best interests of everyone here to close TPL as we know it. This does not mean that TPL will cease to exist, merely that TPL will cease being a “Clan” and become a simple Friends chat where anyone can come in and chat with any members or guests. We do this so that we can all stay in touch. While you are all encouraged to take part in this friends chat it is completely your own call as to what to do. We (Fm and Moro) encourage you to add each other using other means of contact such as Skype or Steam.

As the clan is closing you are entitled to know the reasons behind this event. It comes down to two things, member enthusiasm and Jagex updates. Some of the last updates geared towards clans have instead started to destroy some of them, including us. Fansites started their own clan chats which shrunk quite a few of our recruits from fan site recruiting topics. Rs07 also split a lot of clans into two. Those that want to play the old Rs are not able to chat with members in the new Rs unless they join a friends chat to talk, which makes things difficult.

The Friends chat you all may use to continue chatting with other members is “TplMaster” and we would love it if the lot of you all made it a habit of sitting in it and chatting when you can . We hope you all can find a new niche to be a part of or find another fun group of players to enjoy games with.

We both want to talk a bit more personally so we’ve split up the next section into our personal messages.

Fm:
I first joined this clan almost 5 years ago after joining sal’s to try to find new friends in rs. I think over this time in Tpl I have achieved this. While my time in leadership was not as long as I had wished I hope that what I have done while here has helped you all find a fun and cool group of people to enjoy gaming with, whether you have moved on from rs or continue to make rs your primary game. I encourage any of you that want to stay in touch to add me on skype or steam @fmichael93. I enjoyed my time here in Tpl and I hope that you all have enjoyed the experience, whether long or short, as much as I have.

Moro:
On behalf of all TPL members that have ever had the pleasure to be a part of this community, I would like to wish you the best, both in real life and in Runescape. May you find whatever you are looking for in life, wherever you wish to be, with whomever you choose to spend your life. Thank you for being a part of TPL. Each of you is a treasured star in the glittering cosmos that has been this clan. You are a fantastic, unique individual, and you have brought joy to this clan. May you do the same for others who cross your path in life. I would like to express my love for the friends I have made in my time here, whom I will always cherish and try to keep in touch with to the best of my ability. I will not name names, because the list would be way too long. You all know who you are. Thank you for everything, TPL. You have been a huge part of my life for the past 5 years. Words cannot express the great joy and meaning you have all brought to my life. Without TPL, I would have probably not survived the hardest times in my grey-tinged life. Thank you. Thank you to everyone.

With these closing words, TPL's days as a clan have come to an end. We hope to see you in the “TplMaster” Friends chat, and that you will enjoy your future Runescape adventures.

Oh and, as always, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! ;)

Fm & Moro

How far will you go for love?

ArchaicJay
Young Phoenix
Young Phoenix
Runescape Name: Archaic Jay

Re: The End of TPL (as we know it).

Post by ArchaicJay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Sad to see another clan close; I agree the recent updates make clans less functional.

All the best to everyone in wherever you go, and feel free to PM me if you want to hang out or PvM.

Thank you for having me here; this place was pretty cool :)

Lexxi
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: ARTEMlS
Custom Title: Princess

Post by Lexxi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 pm

ughhhhhh is this real? I can actually feel pain just from reading this..

I'm upset mainly because I could never even imagine a RS without a TPL. You guys brought much happiness and laughter into my life for two years. Great times and memories :)
I'm also upset after reading and hearing about the differences being made in runescape itself. i dont want it to be torn apart! but it is :( so sad

Michh
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Members
Runescape Name: Michh
Custom Title: =^-^=

Post by Michh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 am

i have been in the clan for nearly 2 years and its sad to see it die but im sure ppl seen it comming.
a look back at my stats when i first joined , and my current -

Image Image

what a noob i was <3 farewell tpl

Wh0isBigRed
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Wh0isBigRed
Custom Title: King Troll

Post by Wh0isBigRed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 am

Wow! I didn't think I would see the day.. This is saddening news. :(
It sucks to see such a good clan have to come to a end. FM, Moro, you both did a fantastic job doing what you could. For the year or so I put in it was tons of fun. Met some good people too.
Good luck to where ever all of you end up. Was fun talking with all of you and like I said when I left I'll pop in the friends chat and harass you and say hi every now and then.
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it. You will end because we demand it.
Image GIFSoup
Praise the Based God

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Post by olegis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am

i will be missing tpl as a clan :cry:
had so much fun with you guys
i will keep the good memories only
thanks all of you and much love!

Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

Shino972
Mature Phoenix
Mature Phoenix
Runescape Name: Shino972
Custom Title: The Lost

Post by Shino972 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Damn.. i was just about to come back to RS... well guys... add me on Steam-Shino972. i have to reset up skype.. :'( <3 love yall

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

some sad stuff, not that I didn't know it was coming lol, but still, anyway, I will still use the forums but as many of you have noticed I barely play RS anymore, just my POP really and some dunges, but other than that, I will try to stay in touch on skype, rs, yt, and the forums
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

blind
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: blindd
Custom Title: raw trout

Post by blind » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Rest in peace you glorious bastard. I'll still be around in game and if anyone would like to add me on skype its a.mckeehan.
"Shoot out the lights"

MUZ3
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: MUZ3

Post by MUZ3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm

No possibility of a resurrection in 07scape which is more clan-friendly? :cccc Well I will be chilling in TplMaster now that I know it's an option. Nobody has really added me when I've mentioned my new name on forums though :l. If there waaaaas to be a rebranding of TPL in 07scape I would totes join. FYI... (potential job for OU?? Do I even have time for this? I dont even know?!?!)