The Way Forward.

This forum is for the latest news and/or updates.
Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

The Way Forward.

Post by Moroku » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello to all of you. This post will aim to address the recent wave of leaving members we've had here in TPL. Please, read on.

The past few weeks have been a very trying time for us. We've had 3 big names (Ged, Blind, and Red) leave within a very short timeframe. I'll admit, I felt quite miserable at this. Blind, however, continues to play the game, though he does not wish to be attached to any clan at this point. To quote him, he's "being a noob on his own" right now. Perhaps he'll return one day, but don't bet on it. As for Red and Ged, I cannot say with any certainty what's become of them. They have their own reasons for leaving which we should all respect, despite the sudden nature of their leaving.

Now to my point. I would like to encourage all of you not to give up on this great community. TPL has bounded back with gusto from times like this before, and I believe we will do so again. We're a resilient group of extraordinary people. This is a family that continues to grow and change. Some members of it need time out of the immediate group. Some distance themselves altogether. However, many remain here for a long time before they depart for new lands, new friends, and new adventures. TPL has served as a basis for the latter two for many years, and has continued to attract and re-attract some great (and some not so great) people. The point here is that our family has always been changing, with a few exceptions of extremely dedicated members.

The solution to this wave of departures is not negativity. To dwell on those who have come and gone is to dwell on impossible desires. Yes, we can hope that these lovely members of times gone by can return. There is nothing wrong with hope at all. However, we cannot be only concerned with the past. We must now look to the future for new friends, new ideas, and good times with both those of us who remain and those of us who have yet to come. I encourage you all to have faith in the beautiful group of people that is this clan. We are resilient, and we will withstand this and grow stronger. The first step into the future is a positive attitude.

"Faith is taking the first step when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

How far will you go for love?

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Re: The Way Forward.

Post by tuck815 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm

true story bro
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

slasherdude45
Young Phoenix
Young Phoenix
Runescape Name: tragnuz
Custom Title: the great almighty

Post by slasherdude45 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm

hmm...

Silver
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: The Leader
Custom Title: Return of the King

Post by Silver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 pm

It's always hard to leave and not one day return to the place that you call "home"...

Ged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Gedonmylevel
Custom Title: Captain Badass

Post by Ged » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 pm

I'd like to just add my leaving wasn't sudden and without any thought. I just felt the spark that set everything off. I wasn't able to post for over a week as I had no rank, although it showed I was still leader. Todd fixed this about two days ago. However, since I had already left, I asked Aaron to write on my behalf as I could not. It's not sudden, nor without reason. I loved TPL, and I still do, and hope that it succeeds, and no doubt that it will. However, it is no longer the place for me, and hasn't been for some time, as many of my friends in TPL know.

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Post by olegis » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 am

this is encouraging,beautiful words i would say ,but..
we need to show members that we are still active as a clan ik that not many peoples attend standart events that requires certain gear,and certain time to come in so
we need more weekly xp events ( i remember they were quite popular)

i noticed that many new members come and leave very fast
ofc they have different reasons for that,but i think that one of the reasons is that no one really talks with them.i remember when i first joined tpl if not penguin i would leave this clan in a couple of days bcs no one really was paying attention to me ( *hint* attention whore *hint* :D ) only like after month of being here i realized that most of you are extremly friendly **** ;)
Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

ZuBear
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: Mr ZuZu

Post by ZuBear » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 am

Well said Moro . Although we lost a few important people recently, it's no reason for the clan to start falling apart. Since I've joined the clan has been through a lot of changes and we've always survived and adapted.

Here's to the future of TPL. :!:
MOTM - September 2011
There Is a Hell, Believe Me, I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

Ged wrote:I'd like to just add my leaving wasn't sudden and without any thought. I just felt the spark that set everything off. I wasn't able to post for over a week as I had no rank, although it showed I was still leader. Todd fixed this about two days ago. However, since I had already left, I asked Aaron to write on my behalf as I could not. It's not sudden, nor without reason. I loved TPL, and I still do, and hope that it succeeds, and no doubt that it will. However, it is no longer the place for me, and hasn't been for some time, as many of my friends in TPL know.

Thank you for clarifying, Ged. I think I speak for many of us when I say I appreciate it. Best wishes to you.

How far will you go for love?

Shino972
Mature Phoenix
Mature Phoenix
Runescape Name: Shino972
Custom Title: The Lost

Post by Shino972 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 am

Moro, have you ever thought of taking up a career in motivational speaking?

This post really made me happy, it's always a good thing to see the people you look up to respond to a depressing time with possitivity and optimism.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

to sum it up; W00t!