I have a couple things that I feel we as a staff team need to inform everyone of and we want to hear your opinion of some of the changes that will be coming up soon
As most of you have noticed both gm and eg have stepped down from their posts and chosen to either retire or stay on in class as a higher class of citizen compared to the likes of you. With this change we will be changing the leadership of the clan from 3 leaders and 2 high council members to just 3 leaders as it is pointless to keep on high council if there is no one to fill it
As you can guess, moroku will be moving up to the 3rd of the leadership positions. Ged and I both feel this will work out well as Moroku has been around nearly as long as I have and has held a staff position for the vast majority of that time, So gratz to him and may you all treat him well and vice versa
Those of you that have been here a while have probably noticed the slow change in our clan dynamic, we used to be heavily involved in the warring community (f2p) but ever since our last warlord got a life, damn you, we havn't had the drive to re-emerge from our slumber in the warring world. I don't know about the rest of you but It still interests me and one day I would love to schedule just a fun little war so that we all can see what it is like with the new combat, Soul will probably write us a review as soon as he sees this .
Event planners are a strange lot, in my opinion there are two types; those that try really hard and make amazing events but slowly get burnt out and can't think of anything new (understandably) and those that just maintain a mediocre level of eventeering(?). While with enough event planners this mediocre level is functional it is by no means great so as a staff we have thought have some of the things we could do to help event planners out with event planning (:P). We have decided to fully embrace "the members choose" mentality of many community driven clans and leave it up to you, the members, to decide what you want to do, when, and how. This means that many of the things that are helping to keep the clan moving will be taking a back burner such as clan points which is used to check activity levels.
Let me fully outline what it is that will be changing.
- The Event Planner rank will soon be changed to "Moderator", a simple staff moderator that will be in chat to deal with situations and answer questions, essentially a big brother that doesn't watch you in your room as you change into that sexy sexy chicken costume (though you may leave the window open anyways).
- Events will be hosted in the same two ways as now; either posted in advance on forums, or short notice ingame. There will be more emphasize for in game short notice events that anyone may start. This does not mean that events on forums should disappear, just that it is completely up to you which type of event you wish to make.
- With the previous post clan points will not be required but will be used as a contest each month, not as an activity checker. Short term events will count for 1 point for everyone that attends, either the person that posted/started the event can quickly post attendance or a staff member can do so. This will purely be for fun so use it to it's fullest. All other forms of getting clan points; recruiting members, posting on the rsof recruitment topic will all still count for points.
- With clan points not being used as an accurate display of activity levels that leaves the only other way I know how to do activity checks, with a forum posting topic. The additional feature of one's that I will be running in the future is that at the start of the check a list of users will be compiled. Everyone in game will have their rank changed to 1 banana and as you post your rank will be changed back, this makes it very easy to keep the in game memberlist up to date and clean.
- Strikes for skipping events were, in the recent past, almost never enforced but we wish to clarify that these types of strikes will be removed, those for missing activity checks will not. If you are inactive you won't get a green light when you are currently up the cop's ass in front of you.
- The two ranks, advanced members, and elders will either be closed and ranks changed accordingly or found some other way to award ranks into these groups, feel free to shout out ideas, such as "x months" = elder for example.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments, you are what makes this clan unique, the members. Host any events you want, it is completely up to you now