This forum is for the latest news and/or updates.
Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello everyone :)

I have a couple things that I feel we as a staff team need to inform everyone of and we want to hear your opinion of some of the changes that will be coming up soon :)

As most of you have noticed both gm and eg have stepped down from their posts and chosen to either retire or stay on in class as a higher class of citizen compared to the likes of you. With this change we will be changing the leadership of the clan from 3 leaders and 2 high council members to just 3 leaders as it is pointless to keep on high council if there is no one to fill it :P
As you can guess, moroku will be moving up to the 3rd of the leadership positions. Ged and I both feel this will work out well as Moroku has been around nearly as long as I have and has held a staff position for the vast majority of that time, So gratz to him and may you all treat him well and vice versa :)

Those of you that have been here a while have probably noticed the slow change in our clan dynamic, we used to be heavily involved in the warring community (f2p) but ever since our last warlord got a life, damn you, we havn't had the drive to re-emerge from our slumber in the warring world. I don't know about the rest of you but It still interests me and one day I would love to schedule just a fun little war so that we all can see what it is like with the new combat, Soul will probably write us a review as soon as he sees this :) .

Event planners are a strange lot, in my opinion there are two types; those that try really hard and make amazing events but slowly get burnt out and can't think of anything new (understandably) and those that just maintain a mediocre level of eventeering(?). While with enough event planners this mediocre level is functional it is by no means great so as a staff we have thought have some of the things we could do to help event planners out with event planning (:P). We have decided to fully embrace "the members choose" mentality of many community driven clans and leave it up to you, the members, to decide what you want to do, when, and how. This means that many of the things that are helping to keep the clan moving will be taking a back burner such as clan points which is used to check activity levels.
Let me fully outline what it is that will be changing.

• The Event Planner rank will soon be changed to "Moderator", a simple staff moderator that will be in chat to deal with situations and answer questions, essentially a big brother that doesn't watch you in your room as you change into that sexy sexy chicken costume (though you may leave the window open anyways).
  • Events will be hosted in the same two ways as now; either posted in advance on forums, or short notice ingame. There will be more emphasize for in game short notice events that anyone may start. This does not mean that events on forums should disappear, just that it is completely up to you which type of event you wish to make.
  • With the previous post clan points will not be required but will be used as a contest each month, not as an activity checker. Short term events will count for 1 point for everyone that attends, either the person that posted/started the event can quickly post attendance or a staff member can do so. This will purely be for fun so use it to it's fullest. All other forms of getting clan points; recruiting members, posting on the rsof recruitment topic will all still count for points.
  • With clan points not being used as an accurate display of activity levels that leaves the only other way I know how to do activity checks, with a forum posting topic. The additional feature of one's that I will be running in the future is that at the start of the check a list of users will be compiled. Everyone in game will have their rank changed to 1 banana and as you post your rank will be changed back, this makes it very easy to keep the in game memberlist up to date and clean.
  • Strikes for skipping events were, in the recent past, almost never enforced but we wish to clarify that these types of strikes will be removed, those for missing activity checks will not. If you are inactive you won't get a green light when you are currently up the cop's ass in front of you.
  • The two ranks, advanced members, and elders will either be closed and ranks changed accordingly or found some other way to award ranks into these groups, feel free to shout out ideas, such as "x months" = elder for example.

I wish to clarify that the only rank that will be outright changed is event planner and that anyone that currently holds an elder, advanced member, or any other rank I have discussed here will not simply be booted out, you will be given a severance package.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, you are what makes this clan unique, the members. Host any events you want, it is completely up to you now :D

Fm

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Re: 2013

Post by olegis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm

congratulations Moro ;)
Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

Michh
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Members
Runescape Name: Michh
Custom Title: =^-^=

Post by Michh » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 pm

ive always wanted to be a mod :(

Wh0isBigRed
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Wh0isBigRed
Custom Title: King Troll

Post by Wh0isBigRed » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Congratz moro! Well deserved.
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it. You will end because we demand it.
Image GIFSoup
Praise the Based God

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 pm

A new year and a brand new era. Looking forward to starting in my new role. :)

How far will you go for love?

ZuBear
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: Mr ZuZu

Post by ZuBear » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Congratulations Moro <3
MOTM - September 2011
There Is a Hell, Believe Me, I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.

blind
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: blindd
Custom Title: raw trout

Post by blind » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm

cheers moro! i fully expect a severance package, 1500 shares in tpl, and a 401k plan.
"Shoot out the lights"

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Gratz Moro and oooh im a moderator now, yay!
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

007no2
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Members
Runescape Name: 007no2
Custom Title: Dan

Post by 007no2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm

GRATS MORO!

Can't wait to see how this all works out sounds great!

Gorgy
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Members
Runescape Name: G0RGY
Custom Title: Nubs

Post by Gorgy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:16 pm

CONGRATS MORO! WELL DESEREVED!
looking forward to how everything happens in the upcoming year

Wub Wub Wub