Talking about everything except TPL!
Ebola
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Oh God Ebola

Aaron Hodgson (oBoyy)

Post by Ebola » Thu May 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Hey everyone,

It's been some time since I've posted on here, and I'm sure many of you aren't active on here anymore regardless. I'm devastated to have learned that Aaron passed away last night. I had seen a few tweets from him regarding the fires in his city, and Lexxi and I were talking about how crazy it was they had to evacuate the town as we were hanging out last night. I feel guilty, at the time I thought of it as an inconvenience to him that I could not relate to. From what I'm reading on Facebook, it wasn't the fire that got him but a car accident. Although I've barely played RuneScape since high school, I'd kept it touch with him periodically over social media and we made far too many plans to make trips and hang out with each other that never ended up taking place. I've known a few people who have passed away, but this hits me a bit harder. Not only was he a good friend, but he's one that I would spend literal days of my life interacting with on this game among others.

We've all taken different paths since we were in TPL at this game's prime, but I want to thank all of you for being a part of my life during those formative years. I truly hope everyone is doing well and wish the best for all of you, no matter how regularly we communicate. Each and every one of you made an impact on my life in some way, and no matter how insignificant it may seem I cherish it.

It's a shame that such a tragedy brings me to post here today, but I'm sure most of you guys have some sort of memories with him. Aaron was a kind and great person, no matter what you think about the way he played the game (looking at you Tom :p). He grinded away just as much of his life away with us and was often there training and bossing right next to me. I'm glad I got to see him grow as a person over these years, and wish I could have continued to see his successes as an adult. I've already talked to other members of the Orlando Unit, and Lexxi, Danny, Matt and I are all heartbroken. You may be gone now, but your memory will live on with between us and with every nostalgic conversation we might have in the future. Rest in peace Aaron, you will be missed.

Your Friend,
Colton.
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

Good_miner0
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Good_miner0
Custom Title: The Boss

Re: Aaron Hodgson (oBoyy)

Post by Good_miner0 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Hey, Colton.
Thank you for starting this, Im sure many of us have very fond memories of Aaron and appreciate a place to remember him. I know I for one came straight to this page as soon as I heard the news this morning as this is where I knew him best. This is the spot where we shared stories and friendly banter, where we laughed and joked around, where we spent many years of our lives with each other and everyone else who called this great place home.

Aaron Hodgeson was a great person and friend. He was almost always light spirited and looking to make a laugh, he played this game we all loved with all the free time he could find. As with most of us he eventually moved away from it to spend time doing other things with his life which i'm sure he put just as much of his time and effort into making great. He will be very sorely missed by everyone who knew him and the world has become a little bit darker without his light. Rest In Piece, Aaron. I will always miss you buddy.

I also want to thank everyone for the years of friendships and stories that helped me grow into the person I am today. I come on here usually once a week just to see if anyone has come around whom I haven't heard from in awhile and wants to strike up a conversation. I miss you guys, and wish we all had more time to connect and stay in touch. I hope everyone is doing well in life and doesn't take even a minute for granted as we have all just been reminded that it doesn't matter how great or kind a person you are, life happens fast and sometimes ends much to soon. Be the best person you can be everyone.

-Chris

Danny
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Tea Wrecks
Custom Title: OU

Post by Danny » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Aaron you were one of the funniest and most genuine guys I knew. Im heartbroken as we always spoke of plans to visit each other and sadly the opportunity never arose. We always managed to keep in constant touch throughout everything and I'm still in disbelief as I was just speaking to you not even 24 hours before all of this happened...now I'm here writing this post saying goodbye to you... It's such an eye opener for me because everything can change in the blink of an eye. Don't ever take any time spent with someone you love for granted. I'll always cherish all of the great times I've had with you and you'll forever have a special place in my heart. R.I.P To one of TPLS finest.

I also want to thank everyone for all of the great times during that point in my life. I haven't played runescape in years, but I'll always hold this clan and game near and dear to my heart. thanks to everyone for all of the great memories. #phoenixsneverdie

Ebola
High Council
High Council

Post by Ebola » Thu May 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Good_miner0 wrote:As with most of us he eventually moved away from it to spend time doing other things with his life which i'm sure he put just as much of his time and effort into making great.
From what I heard he had gotten pretty into Deadman Mode, so maybe he didn't get too far from the game :p
Danny wrote:Aaron you were one of the funniest and most genuine guys I knew. Im heartbroken as we always spoke of plans to visit each other and sadly the opportunity never arose. We always managed to keep in constant touch throughout everything and I'm still in disbelief as I was just speaking to you not even 24 hours before all of this happened...now I'm here writing this post saying goodbye to you... It's such an eye opener for me because everything can change in the blink of an eye. Don't ever take any time spent with someone you love for granted. I'll always cherish all of the great times I've had with you and you'll forever have a special place in my heart. R.I.P To one of TPLS finest.

I also want to thank everyone for all of the great times during that point in my life. I haven't played runescape in years, but I'll always hold this clan and game near and dear to my heart. thanks to everyone for all of the great memories. #phoenixsneverdie
It's crazy man, whenever RS comes up in our conversations he's never too far behind in topics. His last tweet ever was at you saying he got out of the town safely :/
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

todd
Techs
Techs
Runescape Name: readtodd
Custom Title: c0d3r

Post by todd » Thu May 05, 2016 5:55 pm

I am very sorry to here about Aaron. From what I knew of him he seemed like a very nice guy. Thanks for taking the time to post this topic. RIP Aaron...

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Speechless...
Unfortunately as we age we grow apart from certain people and parts of our lives. This clan, this family that I once valued above all has become a memory and a part of my past. I have not talked to most of you in years a couple of you a little bit more recently. However you guys were at one point in my life the best thing I had going for me, a light in the darkness. It deeply saddens me to hear about the untimely passing of Oboyy. He was definitely one of our core members for a very long time. It is a shame that too often you drift apart from friends and only talk again when something so tragic as this happens.
However, considering so many of you were such a huge part of my life for so long I would love to reconnect, Facebook group?
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Fri May 06, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this :(
I've been following the fire situation closely but the first article about the crash I read didn't have any names in it yet so when todd told me to come check here it caught me by surprise.
As others have said, he was a genuinely fun guy to be around, and I enjoyed our time together in teamspeak or just in chat, it's too bad we did all drift apart, but that's the world eh? I don't really know what else to say...

As tuck said, if anyone does want to stay connected on other platforms;
https://www.facebook.com/fmichael93 (I don't post, but im around), http://steamcommunity.com/id/fmic/.

Ebola
High Council
High Council

Post by Ebola » Sat May 07, 2016 12:53 pm

David - It happens, we've all grown as people and I'm sure more change will take place in the future. With that said I'm glad to see the positive influence we have had on each other and the fond memories that have been retained as we've gone through life. I see updates on social media from you guys every now and then, and it's always a pleasant surprise to see you guys and the activities/passions that you all have today.

FM - I couldn't believe it at first either, I was checking updates on the accident for a few days and they hadn't named the victim until one that I saw this morning. It's so senseless to me. The fire has caused so much devastation already, and he escaped it only to be lost to another accident.

I think I am connected with many of you on social media already, but here is my facebook in case we are not: https://www.facebook.com/colton.cameron

If anyone ever wants to talk, catch up, or just bullshit around, feel free to message me on there :)
Old School Sig

As of quitting newscape

Superkid_987
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: Superkid_987
Custom Title: Tank

Post by Superkid_987 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 am

Wow. I live just a few hours south of Fort Mac so I've been following this pretty closely but i just heard about Aaron's death. I know a lot of people who are impacted by the fires but nothing compares to this.

He was a good friend and we had a lot of fun over the years.

You will be missed :'(.

Luigi291
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: Book Barrage
Custom Title: The Insane 1

Post by Luigi291 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:57 am

Learned about this from Colton, such heartbreaking news. He was definitely a fun guy to talk with while playing RS. Although I didn't talk with him for a long time, it still breaks my heart. Taken way to soon.

I think most of you have me added on FB also. but just incase: https://www.facebook.com/travis.loewen.39 like FM, I don't post much on there, I just lurk