Post by Ralphy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 am

jagerbombs? ****' shower in that shit.

ArchaicJay
Young Phoenix
Young Phoenix
Runescape Name: Archaic Jay

Re: Do You Even Lift Bro?

Post by ArchaicJay » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:29 pm

tuck815 wrote:I am just looking to gain muscle and lose body fat for football right now

I am on a very healthy diet, no soda, candy, junk food and very healthy meals overall
I am trying to just gain muscle, I have no intention on just gaining a ton of fat
I go to the gym at least 6 days a week pretty much without fail, only reason I didn't go today was because I had to read a book for class lol
Good call with removing the junk items.

If you're looking to gain muscle mass, I've heard the following helps:
  • Intake of 20-30g of liquid protein before/after a workout.
    The protein is needed to replace what is lost, and essentially rebuild muscle fiber. Your body can only handle up to 30g of protein at a time, so anything more than that is a waste. Additionally, some studies suggest that liquid protein is easier to digest and absorb than solid protein. I prefer a clean, whey protein shake where I drink 1/3 before the workout, 1/3 during, and 1/3 after. If you get exercise-induced heartburn, you could take 1/2 before, 1/2 after. Or simply drink a protein shake immediately following a weights workout.
  • Drink a lot of water.
    This will help all-around. Being hydrated prevents headaches, lessens probability of cramping, helps digest nutrients (the added protein!), and possibly prevent the build-up of lactic acid (Kreb's cycle?).
  • Allow time for rest.
    You need to give your body time to rebuild. If you're going to lift weights 6 days a week, consider isolating muscle groups each workout? You could also do a 2:1 or 3:1 mix of heavy weights and cardio, with extra protein on weight days.
  • Consistent sleep schedule
    This will help everything overall; your energy level, metabolism, etc.

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

ArchaicJay wrote:
tuck815 wrote:I am just looking to gain muscle and lose body fat for football right now

I am on a very healthy diet, no soda, candy, junk food and very healthy meals overall
I am trying to just gain muscle, I have no intention on just gaining a ton of fat
I go to the gym at least 6 days a week pretty much without fail, only reason I didn't go today was because I had to read a book for class lol
Good call with removing the junk items.

If you're looking to gain muscle mass, I've heard the following helps:
  • Intake of 20-30g of liquid protein before/after a workout.
    The protein is needed to replace what is lost, and essentially rebuild muscle fiber. Your body can only handle up to 30g of protein at a time, so anything more than that is a waste. Additionally, some studies suggest that liquid protein is easier to digest and absorb than solid protein. I prefer a clean, whey protein shake where I drink 1/3 before the workout, 1/3 during, and 1/3 after. If you get exercise-induced heartburn, you could take 1/2 before, 1/2 after. Or simply drink a protein shake immediately following a weights workout.
  • Drink a lot of water.
    This will help all-around. Being hydrated prevents headaches, lessens probability of cramping, helps digest nutrients (the added protein!), and possibly prevent the build-up of lactic acid (Kreb's cycle?).
  • Allow time for rest.
    You need to give your body time to rebuild. If you're going to lift weights 6 days a week, consider isolating muscle groups each workout? You could also do a 2:1 or 3:1 mix of heavy weights and cardio, with extra protein on weight days.
  • Consistent sleep schedule
    This will help everything overall; your energy level, metabolism, etc.

that is a lot of the stuff I have been doing but I have recently been trying to get away from the muscle groups because it makes my workout too short I feel (only 30-45 mins) i like about 90 mins, I do have protein shakes about 40 something grams a shake, I drink tons of water usually 10+ cups a day, I also tend not to get sore as bad as a lot of people and trust me, I hit the gym HARD! This allows me to sometimes do the same kind of stuff two days in a row if I feel like.
For example: I really really enjoy shrugging on a barbell so I sometimes do that multiple times a week
I usually workout from around 4:10ish to 5:30-6:00 in the afternoon so I try and drink my shake at around 3:30 for sometime to digest and then dinner is at about 6:00-6:30 and that acts as a nice recovery meal
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Superkid_987
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: Superkid_987
Custom Title: Tank

Post by Superkid_987 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm

go big or go home tuck
start benching 400

Wh0isBigRed
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Wh0isBigRed
Custom Title: King Troll

Post by Wh0isBigRed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 am

In short, yes. Yes I do. Depending on what you are looking for I can give some advice.
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it. You will end because we demand it.
Image GIFSoup
Praise the Based God

MUZ3
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: MUZ3

Post by MUZ3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 pm

iRun. And workout when they tell me to. I can give you plenty of skinny-people workouts.

Ged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Gedonmylevel
Custom Title: Captain Badass

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 pm

get on herschel walkers level, do his workout and be a man
pure calisthenics & cardio, thats what i do, and i just do healthy home cook food, but i go out alot so its w/e
i hate weights :)

tuck815
council
council
Runescape Name: tuck815
Custom Title: BEAST

Post by tuck815 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I love weights, my stress reliever, I eat very well and do a 12 minute jog at 6mph
-DAVID (tuck815)
Just lift.

Ged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Gedonmylevel
Custom Title: Captain Badass

Post by Ged » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 pm

12minutes is for little girls
weights are also for little girls that can't handle the manly toughness of calisthenics