Talking about everything except TPL!
Ged
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Gedonmylevel
Custom Title: Captain Badass

Guns

Post by Ged » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 am

The Newtown, CT brutal shooting, and now a man calls in a fire in NY to shoot the firefighters upon arrival. The shooter, who killed two New York firefighters was released from prison after having murdered his grandmother with a hammer.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/two ... 05823.html

This year theres been three shootings.The NRA responded to the elementary school shooting by suggesting armed officers at every school. Is this really necessary? Do we have to live in such a state of fear for some of these things?

Do you think the second amendment, the right to bear arms, ought to be changed or remain? If certain weapons are removed, do you think the same determined people to carry out these horrible crimes will find other methods?

Just looking for some opinions, you can find articles on all this stuff by just going to Yahoo News.

Michh
Distinguished Members
Distinguished Members
Runescape Name: Michh
Custom Title: =^-^=

Re: Guns

Post by Michh » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 am

only an officer of the law should carry an armed weapon every1 else can play video games :)

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

As well as the fact the NRA even got their facts wrong. Only those that are currently serving in the military or work security are allowed to own a weapon. So ya. they on their own there.

They make the argument, you need a gun to stop the gun... Why have the first gun?
In Canada we still have guns but when there is gun related crime, at least here in quebec for the most part it is related to the mafia so regular citizens are not targeted but in usa where anyone can get a gun without a background check (If you buy it online) then that leaves the door open for anyone to use them... Anyone is a lot of people.

blind
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: blindd
Custom Title: raw trout

Post by blind » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 pm

It's in the constitution, guns aren't the problem its people with a lack of appreciation for human life. I've owned guns since i was 7 years old and have never used one improperly. I enjoy target shooting and carry Sig Sauer P239 on my person. I've never had to draw and hope i never do. If stricter gun control is implemented or gun bans the people who turn over their firearms will be the ones like me, law abiding citizens. The people that aren't the problem.

Long story short people are assholes, leave my guns alone.
"Shoot out the lights"

Jay
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: J ay
Custom Title: A Froot

Post by Jay » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:10 pm

blind wrote:Long story short people are assholes, leave my guns alone.

^This. Its more the people than the guns.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Then why is nothing being done about the people? If they say mental illness is lacking care then why is that not being fixed?

Wh0isBigRed
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Wh0isBigRed
Custom Title: King Troll

Post by Wh0isBigRed » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Why is it not being fixed? Because America has a **** up health care system and mental illness is looked down upon in society. No one wants to admit they have a mental sickness so they don't go get treated to avoid being judged by people.
Its unfortunate that people do this too because nothing good ever comes from it.
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it. You will end because we demand it.
Image GIFSoup
Praise the Based God

olegis
Recruiters
Recruiters
Runescape Name: olegis
Custom Title: chosen wealth

Post by olegis » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Wh0isBigRed wrote:Why is it not being fixed? Because America has a **** up health care system and mental illness is looked down upon in society. No one wants to admit they have a mental sickness so they don't go get treated to avoid being judged by people.
Its unfortunate that people do this too because nothing good ever comes from it.

^

Excuse my w-e-e-d i'm just trying to enjoy myself

Soul Survivor
Elder Members
Elder Members
Runescape Name: Berserk Soul
Custom Title: Tower of God

Post by Soul Survivor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Because this is a depressing topic for Christmas, distracting gun-related gif!

blind
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: blindd
Custom Title: raw trout

Post by blind » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Fmichael wrote:Then why is nothing being done about the people? If they say mental illness is lacking care then why is that not being fixed?

My girlfriend maria is a criminal justice major, she will be the first to tell you the system doesn't work. The majority of people in american prisons have mental illnesses, and as it stands our ability to rehabilitate these people is shitty at best. It needs large scale reform and the money for it just is not there.
"Shoot out the lights"