question

Stuck with something that has to do with the forum or site? Ask here for help.
Wheee
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Pokeyball
Custom Title: Hawtness.

question

Post by Wheee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:50 am

kay so, with the new site and all, we should go over a few things.

1. putting the forums up to the way they used to be unless the other one fixes itself

2. get a new techie so todd doesnt have to take everyones website complaints

3. organizing ourselves with weekly/monthly updates

4. i think now is the time where we ask random people to join tpl

5. is the sals forum updated yet?

6. more active people. ._. no brainer.

8. can we start with the events forum? because i really need to do my 'wheee's ultimate competition. i assume not many made their teams so im postponing it until february third for the fighting to start. Teams are due by february second 10:00 Pm est.

9. just want to wish everyone happy new years and lets get tpl back to where we were! (i'd like to say the top but we really were just average. which isnt a bad thing, just not exactly something you celebrate over)((okay im done))

Wheeeing? Sounds like a Tpl-specific fetish.
-Skydude033

Silver
Phoenix Hero
Phoenix Hero
Runescape Name: The Leader
Custom Title: Return of the King

Re: question

Post by Silver » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 am

The thing about getting a new techie to help Todd is that I'm not sure any of know enough about 'Techie' stuff :P SOrry if you do, but I know I definitely don't know much :)

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

Honestly we don't really need a new techie. Look around, Todd created these new forums single-handedly! :)

How far will you go for love?

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Fmichael
Custom Title: The Hottest Tpl'er

Post by Fmichael » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 am

in response to getting these forums up to what the old ones were like, we are pretty much there, the only thing we don't have yet are more forum skins, and those are being worked on...

seriously, I think todd is doing a great job as it is, i don't think he need's a second techie.... I doubt many people in this clan even know programming >.<
I think i'm the only one lol...
As for lighting the load on him, I can always try to help but u never know how good i am at forum stuff :p

I also don't understand what you mean why by weekly updates... do u mean events? If so, we can easily do that, unfortunately everyone has other lives and RS is always put on the backburner, no exception here...

Asking Random People to join is really hard when we can not edit our topic in Sal's... Once Mathe can edit our topic and the forums can be bumped to show the new forums, more people will show up and want to join, like what it was before our collapse.

As for the events forum, the problem is, as before, that a lot of people have other things in their life that comes before RS, now that is completely acceptable and we can't kick them out for having lives. So eventually sometimes the clan hits a quiet point. Especially apparent when people have exams and christmas vacations close together...

Personally, I'd say that TPL was a great clan around the time that I first joined... Which was spring. Then we had these waves of really important members leaving and not being able to replace them fast enough. Thus causing the clan to shrink...

If we can get the clan back to that point, With great leader(s) a great high council (yes, reub needs more than just himself in there :p) and great warlords are event planners. As well as giving out some more distinguished members because I find when people have a higher rank they tend to stick with the clan more and want to help it grow and prosper.
Of course all of the above is purely my opinion... But I hope everyone that reads it can see my points and agree or edit them to better suit the clan :)

FM :p

todd
Techs
Techs
Runescape Name: readtodd
Custom Title: c0d3r

Post by todd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 am

Mrwheee wrote:kay so, with the new site and all, we should go over a few things.

1. putting the forums up to the way they used to be unless the other one fixes itself

2. get a new techie so todd doesnt have to take everyones website complaints

3. organizing ourselves with weekly/monthly updates

4. i think now is the time where we ask random people to join tpl

5. is the sals forum updated yet?

6. more active people. ._. no brainer.

8. can we start with the events forum? because i really need to do my 'wheee's ultimate competition. i assume not many made their teams so im postponing it until february third for the fighting to start. Teams are due by february second 10:00 Pm est.

9. just want to wish everyone happy new years and lets get tpl back to where we were! (i'd like to say the top but we really were just average. which isnt a bad thing, just not exactly something you celebrate over)((okay im done))

Well first off welcome to the new forums wheee. The forums are mostly back to normal, your just an applicant and can't see them right now. If you see something out of place please post about it though. We are currently working on the recruitment situation and have come up with what we believe to be a good plan. Sals is okay for now as it has been redirected to this site. As for another tech, silvers right not just anyone knows how to code the site. Hope that answers a lot of your questions.

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members

Post by Fmichael » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am

Seriously, it took me 2 months just to teach myself basic html...
And this kinda stuff is a career choice so it is not that easy to learn...

Reubelite1
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Reube
Custom Title: 4 years on

Post by Reubelite1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

i wanted to hear your number 7 Wheee :/

:P

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members

Post by Fmichael » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 pm

wow... thats random reub. how do you notice these things?

Moroku
High Council
High Council
Runescape Name: Moroku
Custom Title: Shima

Post by Moroku » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 am

Wow I didn't even notice that until Reub pointed it out. :o

How far will you go for love?

Fmichael
Retired Members
Retired Members

Post by Fmichael » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 am

I suck at the stupid games like that too...
For some reason I just don't see them until it's too late...