Promoting FM

Stuck with something that has to do with the forum or site? Ask here for help.
Nicholas
Banned
Banned
Runescape Name: Sorry I Own
Custom Title: .........

Promoting FM

Post by Nicholas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:50 am

Just thinking that Fm should be moved up to a higher rank..because of his help to his fellow clan mates. Everything I have asked of Michael.. he has done with pleasure and without hesitation. Just about every section of the forums i have looked at, he has written how to use, and lets not forget about how active he is on the forums. I'm not saying that other clan members aren't helpful...(they are more than helpfull ;) ).

As one of Fm's friends i'm just looking out for him.

And he still is the king of you're Fire Places.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some say, "Life is an Illusion"

Wheee
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Pokeyball
Custom Title: Hawtness.

Re: Promoting FM

Post by Wheee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 am

hey nicholas... its understandable that you want fm to be promoted and all, but geez give the guy a break eh? the situation is currently being discussed among the high members. This isn't exactly a site assistance related topic either. Please find the correct forum and and areas for certain topics. And please don't hate me for saying this. Hell, we all love fm to death and we've been expecting his promotion for some time as well so just sit back and wait a little ^^

Wheeeing? Sounds like a Tpl-specific fetish.
-Skydude033

Therrester
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: MonkeyDEric
Custom Title: A.K.A. Eric

Post by Therrester » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:37 am

Nicholas, I believe this is the 3rd topic i see where you're trying to make a change, which isn't bad but the changes you're trying to make arn't yours to make.

I remember seeing a topic on homeworlds correct? Well, that kind of topic should be discussed within the higher-ups, and besides, i really don't think our worlds should changes.

As for deciding who get's promoted, i'm sorry to say but you have minimal power over that. Like Wheee said, it's something the higher-ups talk about and they choose who they feel is right THEN we get to vote on the final pick because, the bigger the rank, the more responsibility you have. I'm not saying FM shouldn't be picked, everyone has something they can use to contribute to this clan. If I were to make a quick list of things from the people i know well, I'd say, for example, FM should be a DM, since, like you said, he helps others, he moved most of our forms from the other forums, he posts and is active on the forums a lot (even though most is spam) because such actions, in my opinion, defines a DM. DMs are the guys that you can approach when you need help and that will probably help you.(not sure about Whee but w/e :P)

If by higher rank you meant Mod or even Leader, personally, from what I've seen (which isn't much mind you), I wouldn't pick him only because I've seen people who would do the responsibilities that come with such a rank with more efficiency. I won't go into detail but that's the gist of it.

I'm sorry if i offended you in any way but, i just wanted to get that clear because I really don't want to start seeing people make retarded decisions and promote people that don't deserve it (not saying that FM doesn't deserve a better rank :P)

Nicholas
Banned
Banned

Post by Nicholas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:37 am

srry this is my first time posting on forums so i really don't know

Wheee
Retired Members
Retired Members
Runescape Name: Pokeyball
Custom Title: Hawtness.

Post by Wheee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:45 am

this is slightly common sense of the real world. The big bosses make the bigger decisions based on their ability to do well in that position. such as the president, vice president, secretary of war and stuff. But in the sense that our clan is democratic we still make the decision as a clan so don't worry you can say your part. Still, the high members haven't just been focusing on one person as if 'he should deserve a higher rank because he is nice to everyone' The decision is based on how well they contribute to the clan. Anddddd A Distinguished member is someone that contributes to the clan often, which i have been doing Eric >.> back when you were gone in Ericland I had to keep the place nice and happy because everyone was on summer holiday ^^ So what i'm trying to say is that hell, we all see people that deserve a better place but aren't getting it for some reason, but just a little nudge is all they need not just some big shove into the deep end. (:

Wheeeing? Sounds like a Tpl-specific fetish.
-Skydude033

Nicholas
Banned
Banned

Post by Nicholas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 am

Thanks alot man..... you deserve you're dm

i learnt. end of topic.
Last edited by Nicholas on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Therrester
Followers
Followers
Runescape Name: MonkeyDEric
Custom Title: A.K.A. Eric

Post by Therrester » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 am

Eh, Ericland, I'll have to remember that. But yea, i can't get around the fact that i have been gone a while and I don't really know who deserves what. Heck, i'm still have a bit of trouble figuring out who's who :p

todd
Techs
Techs
Runescape Name: readtodd
Custom Title: c0d3r

Post by todd » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:44 am

Therrester wrote:Eh, Ericland, I'll have to remember that. But yea, i can't get around the fact that i have been gone a while and I don't really know who deserves what. Heck, i'm still have a bit of trouble figuring out who's who :p

Well i havent even left and i sometimes have that problem :p. Sorry for the delay in updates ill post something soon.